__DIE__

der.hans PLUG@LuftHans.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:52:27 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

trying to actually start using Perl modules and such.

I've got a module __DIE__ing on me. It's catching the error I want, but
according to the docs I can't catch this and keep it from killing off my
program. The error isn't fatal for what I want to do. In fact, it's almost
required :), but I need my program to keep going.

               The routine indicated by $SIG{__DIE__} is called
               when a fatal exception is about to be thrown.  The
               error message is passed as the first argument.
               When a __DIE__ hook routine returns, the exception
               processing continues as it would have in the
               absence of the hook, unless the hook routine
               itself exits via a goto, a loop exit, or a die().
               The __DIE__ handler is explicitly disabled during
               the call, so that you can die from a __DIE__
               handler.  Similarly for __WARN__.

It looks like I can call another routine that will land me behind the
catch, but that's massively ugly.

I don't care that the module couldn't handle what it was doing and want my
program to continue executing.

Anybody know of a nice way to solve this?

danke,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans