Re: Business cards

+ (text/html)
Author: another Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: another Michael
Subject: Re: Business cards
My method:  Use LibreOffice Impress and create a box the same size as
the business card.  Then add whatever elements are desired inside the
box (text boxes, lines, images, etc).  Combine the box and elements into
a group, make copies up to the number of cards on the sheet of paper,
align them, and then turn the original box borders blank.  Print a
sample sheet on regular paper, hold up in the light against the card
sheet, and adjust top/bottom positioning as appropriate.  More initial
work, but more control, and you can make multiple designs per sheet.
It's worked well for me over the years.