Google "Page with redirect" issue

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Google "Page with redirect" issue
Hi,

This is off topic and I am hoping someone has had this issue.

Google is not indexing some of my pages - it says 17. It is not clear
what is happening. I am hoping someone has dealt with this issue before
and that you would have some words of wisdom.

Google says the problem is "Page with redirect".

According to my research this can be one of the following:

1) non-www to www.
2) Slug does not have an / on the end <<== I tried assigning a trailing
slash and WordPress will not save it. Looked at a number of slugs and
they do not have a trailing slash.... ??? Not sure if this is the issue?
If it were the issue all my articles and pages would not be indexed.
3) http to https

I tried re-saving the the permalink setting as one post suggested. Did
not resolve the issue.

I an running Plesk, however I don't think that is the problem.

Here is my .htaccess file. There is no rediredts. Looks to be the
standard WordPress .htaccess

# BEGIN WordPress
# The directives (lines) between "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress"
are
# dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress
filters.
# Any changes to the directives between these markers will be
overwritten.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
# BEGIN ShortPixelWebp
# The directives (lines) between "BEGIN ShortPixelWebp" and "END
ShortPixelWebp" are
# dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress
filters.
# Any changes to the directives between these markers will be
overwritten.

# END ShortPixelWebp

I have not seen the rule : RewriteRule .* -
[E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}] so I looked it up.

ChatGPT says : In essence, this rule is used to ensure that the
Authorization header is preserved and accessible as an environment
variable during the request processing, which can be useful for
authentication purposes in scripts or applications that rely on it.

So I guess it is not the problem.

Here is an example of a rewrite. Place the link in your browser and the
URL will change to the actual page. :
https://www.phpcoderusa.com/skills-a-

I am at a loss as to why is this URL is not failing - 404??

I have looked into this 3 times w/o any success.

It seems to have started when I changed themes. I've tested with other
themes without making any headway.

Any help is much appreciated.

Keith