Re: Quickbooks

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Michael, Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: Quickbooks

I'm an old guy so I have failed more than a few time. I've learned a
lot and I hope I can apply that learning to my latter years.

Couple of things:

1) I was easy distracted so the project I was working on would fail or
just not reach it's potential. Now I no longer allow shiny objects
distract me.
2) I was not the intentional man that I needed to be. I did not always
research, make a plan, and work my plan. Multiple times I let the wind
decide my course. That caused me not to be as successful as I would
have liked to have been.
3) I learned about the Hedgehog concept at almost 50. I wish I would
have learned about it earlier.

I think the starting point for any project is the PERSONAL Hedgehog
concept (there is a Hedgehog concept for business and one for a person).
Be intentional and do not let distractions kill your success.

Learn how to make a business plan and take the time to figure out what
is right for you and your business.