Quickbooks

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael
Subject: Quickbooks
I know, I know.... this is a Linux group and Quickbooks is a windows thing.
I was hoping to learn Quickbooks [or the linux equivalent] and to start a
Bookkeeping business. I have a few questions:
1- Does it work under Wine? Chat gpt says partially.
2- I've heard that you don't need an accounting degree. Is that true?
Chatgpt says it isn't necessary.
3- What is the Linux equivalent? Chatgpt mentioned odoo (as well as the
usual suspects). I like the idea of odoo due to the fact that you can get
semi-formal training on Udemy. (I wanted to probe further with chatgpt
about odoo but it became unresponsive (the enter button grayed out)/
4- Where can I get training for Quickbooks (or the Linux equivalent)?
5- Where can I get a copy of Quickbooks for a low price if that is the best
path to take? Like, you can get Windows for about $15 so why not
Quickbooks? (gpt said I couldn't)