Re: Network UPS Monitoring ...

+ (text/html)
Author: Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Snyder, Alexander J
Subject: Re: Network UPS Monitoring ...
So, I actually got this figured out.

I have an APC UPS. Apparently, it doesn't have a network jack, as I
thought, it only has a "SmartConnect" port (RJ45) that allows it to be
monitored remotely. Which is stupid, but whatever.

The battery is a 5 year old Lead Acid battery in need of replacement, so I
bought a new UPS (APC Smart-UPS 3000VA Lithium Ion UPS, SMTL3000RMUCNC) ...
and this one has a Network controller in it, so monitoring with NUT should
work now.

FWIW, once I figured out SmartConnect wasn't a "normal" port, I was able to
get the cloud service configured very quickly and easily. My UPS showed
quickly (a few hours) and I was able to remotely update it's firmware.

--
Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Google Pixel 7 Pro

On Wed, Aug 28, 2024, 14:30 Arun Khan via PLUG-discuss <