LO, man pages, tab completion, oh my! (was Re: What happened…

Author: Rusty Carruth via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Rusty Carruth
Subject: LO, man pages, tab completion, oh my! (was Re: What happened to libre office?
Just for the record, what I do when I want to start LibreOffice from the
command line is I type:

libr<tab>

to which the bash prompt replies:

libreoffice

then I hit enter.  From there you can get to calc or write or ...

However, if you really don't want that extra step of choosing, you can
do what I just did and type man libreoffice or (man localc, or probably
even man -k libreoffice) and find that there are command line names for
each of the things.  And, having seen the man page, I now realize that
its not 'local' c, its 'lo' calc.  For LibreOffice calc (so the others
are lobase, lodraw, loimpress, etc).

Too much to remember, I'll stick with libr<tab> thank you very much!
(This all assumes you've got tab completion enabled, and if you DON'T
you should seriously consider it, unless you really love typing! ;-)