Re: what command should I issue?

Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: what command should I issue?
Hey guys,

I always have this in mind when dealing with CLI based apps:

Command <switches> <source> <Destination> <optional pipes>

When it comes to file type operations, the above formula works rather nicely and keeps me from committing major mistakes. Sometimes, the destination argument is not needed and the optional pipes argument allows for some interesting outputs.

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Base ops Dept.