Re: going back to a libre calc file from two days ago

+ (text/html)
Author: Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Snyder, Alexander J
Subject: Re: going back to a libre calc file from two days ago
Nope. Whatever was, is no more. Without sophisticated backup software that
is taking daily or hourly snapshots, after a successful save, the program
almost certainly isn't saving any meaningful way to back out any changes.

I didn't set up my backup software until after I had a catastrophic data
loss.

Welcome to the club!

I use Acronis Data backup. It takes hourly snapshots of my important
folders, and stores the diffs, but it won't take an empty diff, so it's
only storing changes.

For my Linux data I do daily rsync with my backup server. The backup sends
it's data to the cloud.

--
Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Google Pixel 7 Pro

On Fri, Aug 2, 2024, 14:57 Michael via PLUG-discuss <