Re: disable password prompts after upgrade

+ (text/html)
Author: Ryan Petris via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG-discuss
CC: Ryan Petris
Subject: Re: disable password prompts after upgrade
I did some digging and what you were using was polkit "localauthority", which is no longer used in Ubuntu 24.04.

It looks like you might be able to get this functionality back by installing the `polkit-pkla` package, but you'll probably need to migrate your configuration to a regular policykit configuration before the next Ubuntu LTS release or two.