Re: Splash screen woes

+ (text/html)
Author: Ryan Petris via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Ryan Petris
Subject: Re: Splash screen woes
Spash screen could refer to many things:

1. Your bios logo/text when you first turn on the computer (you could have had fast boot turned off or had a timeout)
2. GRUB or whatever other bootloader you may use (could have lowered the timeout to 0)
3. Plymouth, which I believe is what you're referring to.
4. KDE and some other desktop environments have loading screens which I imagine could be disabled.
I've used plymouth on Arch long before it was in the official repo and never noticed it taking any longer to boot with it enabled vs disabled. I'm guessing ChatGPT either had you uninstall it or remove "spash" from the kernel command line.