Re: internal drive shows up as removable. Removable usb stic…

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Re: internal drive shows up as removable. Removable usb stick doesn't show at all
I shut  down the machine so I could open it up and see which sata port
that drive was plugged into.  I was wrong earlier when I said it was
plugged into one of the sata ports on the motherboard.  It was plugged
into an addon card that's plugged into a pcie slot. I have a trayless
hot swap mobile rack I use for drives I use for backups.  I switched the
two sata  cables.  The internal drive now connects to the motherboard.
The hot swap rack connects to the sata addon card.  I rebooted and the
internal drives don't show.. Apparently anything connected to the sata
ports on the motherboard is treated as an internal drive and anything
conneccted to an addon cars is treated as an external drive whether it
is or not.