Re: Wayland on Kubuntu 22.04

Author: Matthew Crews via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matthew Crews
Subject: Re: Wayland on Kubuntu 22.04
On 3/23/24 10:17, Jim via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I have Kubuntu 22.04.4 installed.  I wanted to try Wayland so I looked
> up how to try it.  I ended going to several sites that had
> instructions, but none worked.  Is there any way to get  Wayland
> working on Kubuntu 22.04.4?

Probably the best thing to do is wait until Kubuntu 24.04 is out next
month (April 25th, unless there are delays), and upgrade to it. Kubuntu
24.04 will feature updated Mesa drivers (important for Wayland support),
the latest KDE Plasma 5 release (it won't ship with Plasma 6 sadly), and
upgraded everything else to make the Wayland experience better.

It's also going to matter what graphic card you have. If you are using
an Nvidia card, then Wayland support is poor all around even with new
cards and updated drivers, no matter what. If you are using Intel or AMD
graphics, you will be fine,

-Matt