Re: advice, please

+ (text/html)
Author: David Schwartz via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: David Schwartz
Subject: Re: advice, please
I bought a used Dell computer at ASU Surplus many years back. The motherboard didn’t work, so it was quite cheap.

I got the s/n and looked on Dell’s site to check the details on the machine. When they purchased it, they got a 3-year warranty on it, and there was still a few months left. So I contacted the ASU Purchasing Dept and had to show them the receipt that I bought the computer, and she went online with Dell and registered that it was sold to me. Then I filed a warranty claim and they replaced the motherboard for free!

You might check into the warranty status before you buy these.

-David Schwartz