cringeworthy question...

Author: David Schwartz via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG-discuss
CC: David Schwartz
Subject: cringeworthy question...
Ok, I know this is going to make y’all cringe, but ... I need to find a reliable, ethical, and inexpensive hosting VPS for a Windows back-end service app I’m working on.

I’ve been hosting at a place called VirMach that has both Win and Linux, and it turns out they’ve been laoding up TRIAL licenses on their Windows VPS machines. Mine is now shutting down every day since the trial period expired, and they say it’s on me to fix it.

Right now I don’t need a lot of resources. I have a web service that I’m working on that still needs some work completed, but I’m getting close to hitting my first major milestone.

Anyway, I’m just wondering if anybody can recommend where to go for a light-duty Win VPS host. If it can scale-up later, that would be great.

I need 4GB of RAM because I’ve found anything less that that runs horribly slow. The bandwidth isn’t that much, and the disk space isn’t either. It’s more of a traffic cop: I’ve got a bunch of files cached on a Linux host elsewhere, and this thing just runs a bunch of logic, talks to 3rd-party services, and supports a simple database to say where to find other resources.

Thanks

-David Schwartz