Re: How does one make a suggestion to librecalc?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: How does one make a suggestion to librecalc?
They have to be in linear sections, or you have to get creative with
formulas or such. Or if just that weird and discontiguous, manually
grabbing bits with old cut/paste and a mouse click.

You'll want to learn to use at least basic (and not so basic) formulas if
you are at that point. I use calc a _lot_, sadly spreadsheets are the
lowest common denominator most enterprises understand, but I deal with some
rather large data sets at time I need to pick and choose from, akin to your
"multiple selection" analogy to create some unique resultant data set, and
so I have to use formula's to match cells in some way, form the data with a
concatenate, and then produce a single cell of the resultant output.
Similar to programmatically formulating your resultant output in any data
set.

This can be a whole class in itself on how to use formulas in excel/calc
(and usually is), but no time like the present to learn if you work with it
often enough like I do.

-mb

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 4:51 AM Michael via PLUG-discuss <