Re: To Firewall or Not To Firewall

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: To Firewall or Not To Firewall
whenever I use an unknown net work (be at public, hotel, coffee, shop, McDonald’s, etc.), I always use a firewall on the laptop without exception. I also use a VPN. No sense giving anybody any ammunition to use against you later. There’s a reason why you should not trust public networks. You don’t know who else is hanging out on them. And even though your machine is inherently secure, there really is no such thing as too much security.

– Eric
From the central offices of the Technomage guild, security applications department.

Sent from my iPhone