I'm making Plain TeX documentation

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: I'm making Plain TeX documentation
I got to Stammtisch exceedingly late, after most of you were gone, so
you didn't hear this...

I'm creating documentation on Plain TeX, the typesetting and
programming system created by Donald Knuth in 1978 and updated through
the years. Plain TeX is the simpler and less popular ancestor of LaTeX,
which everyone's heard of.

I prefer Plain TeX over LaTeX for all but the most challenging
documents, because it's has less instructions, is easier to understand,
and it's a better fit as the PDF creator format for an XML "write once,
read everywhere" language that I'm still trying to put together after
15 years of trying.

If any of you is interested in a quick and easy to author CLI
documentation language that separates content from styles until the
very last step, please let me know.

SteveT

Steve Litt