Plasma black screen after login

Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Plasma black screen after login
I booted up my Kubuntu box and when I logged in, I got nothing but a
black screen with a mouse pointer.  I let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes but
nothing changed.  I have Kubuntu 22.04 with Plasma version 5.24.7.  I
found the following on a Reddit thread.

~$ mkdir kde-backup/.config kde-backup/.local kde-backup/.config/session

~$ sudo mv .config/*plasma* kde-backup/.config

~$ sudo mv .config/*kde* kde-backup/.config

~$ sudo mv .config/*kwin* kde-backup/.config

~$ sudo mv .local/share/kded5 kde-backup/.local

~$ sudo mv .config/session/kwin_* kde-backup/.config/session

First I pressed control+alt+backspace to get back to the login screen.
Then I went to the console, did the instructions above then logged back
in.  I was back to the default settings you'd get when first installing
the os.

Which files and/or directories actually contain the customizations I
made to the desktop?  I'd like to have just those files/directories
backed up so I can restore the settings if this black screen with mouse
pointer bug happens again.

Thanks.