Re: formatted USB to ext4

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: formatted USB to ext4
GPT is definitely preferred for anything over 32GB as that will allow for greater filesystem size. I routinely set that flag on any device I have that requires access above the 32GB 32 bit limitation. Since that covered virtually all devices in my inventory now, it’s just prudent to set it this way. I also format EXFaT so that I can use said devices across the broadest possible OS platforms.

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, HDD refurbishment Dept.