Re: usb marked as read-only

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: usb marked as read-only
Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss said on Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:38:57 -0700

>For most things, I use USB sticks in
>a write once, read many configuration scenario.

Another thing I've found anecdotally that helps lengthen the USB stick
life, whether write once or write a bunch, is to format it as Ext4. I
don't think I ever had one go bad as Ext4, but I have with the windows
format they're shipped with. Of course, if you have to interact with
windows computers or devices expecting windows formated USB sticks, my
trick becomes useless.

SteveT

Steve Litt