Job opportunity in data analytics/web development

+ (text/html)
Author: T Zack Crawford via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: T Zack Crawford
Subject: Job opportunity in data analytics/web development
Hello all,

My department is hiring because my colleague is retiring. The position is for a "Performance Analyst", which would serve as a great opportunity for those interested in transitioning to a data analytics career. The central idea for the position is providing tools for and insight into improved performance of employees all over the company. I was hired into this position about 7 months ago into a new/expanded/duplicate seat. The company is by far the best place I have ever worked in terms of culture and cohesion.

A large portion of work currently involves web development in VB/ASP.NET development and databasing with MS SQL. A strong background in advanced Excel use (e.g. power pivot) would be a good bargaining chip. I am hoping in the near future we will be expanding into more insight-driven data analytics with python or other tools. Unfortunately, the company does heavily rely on Microsoft products, but one of the biggest things I'd like to see in a candidate is natural inquisitivity (drive to learn and tinker) and ability to communicate technical details.

I expect the candidates we narrow down to will either fit into the camp of:
1. Those just coming out of college with little business experience but have strong fundamentals in databasing or logic coding (this was me).
2. Or those who have had good business analyst or web development experience and are wanting to expand into a wider range of tools in their belt (this was my colleague who is retiring).

If you or someone you know might be interested in applying, please contact me directly at and I will share with you the job posting when it is released (hopefully next week) as well as put in a good word for you.

Zack