Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location
said on Sat, 31 Dec 2022 18:40:37 -0700

>Steve,
>
>Why is our education system what it is today?

3 decades of cheaping out public education. Constant drumbeat of
anti-teacher assertions. Drugs and crime you'd expect from a lot
of (but not all) children of uneducated parents.

>Who moved all the businesses off shore?

The corporations.

>Why are illegal aliens able to take jobs away from American Citizens?

Because we de-facto permit it.

>Who is responsible for our immigration?

The government.

>Who is responsible for H1B visas?

Corporations pay politicians to get cheap labor, so the politicians
allow obscene numbers of H1-Bs, while older technologists find new work
as Walmart greeters. It's disgusting.

>How many trust fund babies are there in America?

According to
https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/2021/10/27/3-common-misconceptions-about-trust-fund-kids/?sh=71909c447b64
, 1.3% of the population receives money in a trust fund, so that would
be about 4.3 million Americans. However, the article makes it clear
that only some of them receive big bucks.

I was really speaking of the ultra-rich. According to
https://www.thekickassentrepreneur.com/millionaires-in-america/#:~:text=And%20about%2034%2C507%20households%20have,or%20100%20million%20net%20worth.
there are 34,507 households with a net worth of $100 million.

>Does every person need to graduate college?

No.

>I have been reading and hearing the trades are going unfilled, why is
>that?

According to my next door neighbor who is a plumbing contractor, "kids
these days" don't want to get their hands dirty with physical work. And
he was offering $20/hr to start in Orlando, Florida, which is pretty
good. And as soon as they got the hang of it, he'd give them $25. But
nobody bit.

>Why does it cost upwards of $10k a semester to go to a AZ state
>university?

Because college in most cases is a racket and is class warfare.

SteveT

Steve Litt