Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location
Jim via PLUG-discuss said on Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:14:49 -0700

>This doesn't surprise me a bit.  30 years ago I worked in some fast
>food places and I saw the unreliability of many people who work there.
>  The trend is toward more of the 'I don't have to work. Everybody
>owes me.' attitude.

As opposed to corporations 'I don't have to pay, workers owe me.'

It's hard to take seriously a job that won't pay the rent.

On the other hand, my personal philosophy has always been "If I have to
spend my time here, I might as well be productive."

But there's a limit to my personal philosophy. In Atlanta one time I
stopped at a Checkers fast food place. The employer was so cheap there
were only two employes to make and sell the food, and they were so
rushed the dropped food, screwed up orders, and screwed up dollar
amounts. If my employer put that kind of pressure on me, I'd work at a
leisurely pace. Like a fellow Karate student said to me in 1974, "no
job is worth getting an ulcer over."

All these employers bitching about nobody willing to work would have
qualified prospects knocking down their doors if they paid a few bucks
more.

SteveT

Steve Litt