Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location
Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss said on Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:43:04 -0700

>Not sure anyone is suggesting they work for free. I assume they will
>be highly paid as they are today.

A full time job that doesn't put a roof over your head, pay for basic
food, and if the job requires a car, pay for purchase and upkeep of the
car, isn't a job at all. It's basically working for free.

A minimum wage that guarantees homelessness unless one is financially
supported by somebody else is obscene. This is why I don't have a
problem with robots handling the orders: The jobs that are lost aren't
jobs at all.

For three or four decades now our nation has been cheaping out the
public education system, which is all most people can afford. We need
to improve public education so our citizens can justify a $15.00/hr or
$20/hr wage. We also need to give, for free, specialized education to
make them valuable workers.

SteveT

Steve Litt