Re: sudo cd... command not found?

+ (text/html)
Author: Bob Elzer via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Bob Elzer
Subject: Re: sudo cd... command not found?
Here's a question System V or BSD ? lol
When I started using Unix (Dec Ultrix) there was no bash, there was sh and
csh and I could do so much more in csh.
The thing I liked most was command line completion.and cdpath which I could
type cd bin and change to /usr/local/bin instead of /bin or which ever way
I set up cdpath. Also aliases (are you seeing I don't like to type ?) lol

I prefer csh thus tcsh, but I use both and whatever fits the job, I like
faster easier. After yeas I carried around a floppy with my .cshrc file
because I had so many aliases, it slowed me down if they weren't available.
lol, now a days bash has much of the same features so I think it's tomato
tomahto. one thing I never understood with sh, is why did they use the word
export, set and setenv seems much more logical.
This link has a good explanation of some of the differences and history.
https://linuxhint.com/csh-vs-bash-nix-shells/

If I tell you I use perl are you going to ask why not python ? lol
:-)

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 11:04 AM Joe Neglia via PLUG-discuss <