Re: Thank you Brian ... plus a question ...

Author: Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss
To: joe--- via PLUG-discuss
CC: Brian Cluff
Subject: Re: Thank you Brian ... plus a question ...
In KDE look in the Power Managment -> Energy Saving  There should be a
setting on what to do when the lid is closed.  You can probably just
uncheck the lid button setting and then it will do nothing.

That being said, I would keep your lid open at least a little bit.
Having the lid closed causes the machine to get quite a bit hotter than
if you can have the lid open to let the heat out.  Even if the machine
doesn't overheat and crash on you now, it will be thermally throttling
and you'll only get a fraction of the performance out of it that you
could be.

Brian Cluff