Re: Why "no such file" error ??

Author: Joseph Sinclair via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Joseph Sinclair
Subject: Re: Why "no such file" error ??
I know it seems simple, but have you checked permissions to ensure the user ID running the script has both read and execute permission for the executable, and the extended attribute noexec is not set on the executable?
I've seen that error when permissions are not quite as expected, or when extended attributes are set to prevent an action...
Another possibility that comes immediately to mind is whether there is a symbolic link in the path to the executable, symbolic links can get weird at times.
Third question, Did you copy over the binary, or recompile the program on this new machine? If you did copy an existing binary, a recompile might be a good idea to rule out issues caused by ELF or glibc changes.