gpg and pass

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: gpg and pass
Today I tried installing the Protonmail bridge. When I tried to run it,
it put up an error message that an approved password manager was not
found (secret-service or pass).    I installed pass and tried to start
it with a gpg key I created just for Protonmail bridge by entering pass
init . gpg --list-keys and gpg --list-secret keys showed the key
was there, but pass init returned the following error:

Password store initialized for
gpg: error reading key: No public key
protonmail-credentials/cHJvdG9ubWFpbC9icmlkZ2UvdXNlcnMvek8wWU1QLVBCX29ydkozdGg0OFRuWUZpX0NlSkpFVGx1
OGhzR0o4d3BFaWozbWVFLXBLUzdmV20wR05ZY2pNanB6WVpmS25rY2dVdWppMGlwdGVVQlE9PQ==/zO0YMP-PB_orvJ3th48TnY
Fi_CeJJETlu8hsGJ8wpEij3meE-pKS7fWm0GNYcjMjpzYZfKnkcgUuji0ipteUBQ==:
reencrypting to
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.dirmngr' failed: IPC
connect call failed
gpg: error retrieving '' via WKD: No dirmngr
gpg: : skipped: No dirmngr
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No dirmngr
delboy@ladmo:~$ protonmail-bridge --cli

Any idea how to fix this? thanks