Re: wget ssl certificate problem

+ (text/html)
Author: James Mcphee via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: James Mcphee
Subject: Re: wget ssl certificate problem
wget, curl, etc are compiled with gnu_tls or openssl or libressl, or
whatever. usually when adding those config options, you'll have some vars
for distro-specific settings. anyway. in ubuntu, ca-certificates is the
pkg that holds your normal trust stuff. update-ca-certificates is the
command you'd use to do the update. So, if you think you broke your trust
store, you could try update-ca-certificates, and if that didn't work, a
reinstall of ca-certificates. specifically, what update-ca-certificates
does is takes the list from /etc/ca-certificates.conf from /etc/ssl/certs
and updates the various ca bundles like the java cacerts and the
ca-certificates.txt, and anything else if the distro decided to use that in
its TLS/SSL config.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 11:46 AM Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <

James McPhee