KDE kbd macros w/ alt

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: KDE kbd macros w/ alt
moin moin,

I'm trying to build some keyboard shortcuts in KDE.

The first I want to build is to select the tab history in Firefox, which
is rather convoluted.

I'm not getting the <alt>+d to work. In KDE <alt> is Alt, neither Alt+d
nor Alt+D are working for me.

Ctrl+L is an alternate option, but that isn't working for me either.

I can get it to work in a terminal, but not in Firefox.

F6 will also select the location bar, but it's a toggle, so the macro
needs to be state aware. I can trigger the F6, but haven't found a way to
detect the state.

I need to be able to use Alt and Ctrl in macros anyway.

Anyone know if there's some extra magic needed to use Alt and Ctrl in KDE
keyboard macros for Firefox?

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/khotkeys/kcontrol/khotkeys/khotkeys.pdf

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-perform-firefox-tasks-quickly

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# If one man can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?