Re: https://www.crucial.com/ssd/x8/ct1000x8ssd9

+ (text/html)
Author: Jason Spatafore via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jason Spatafore
Subject: Re: https://www.crucial.com/ssd/x8/ct1000x8ssd9

On 8/3/22 20:57, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting https://www.crucial.com/ssd/x8/ct1000x8ssd9 .
> Does anyone hear know of any reason I should or should not?

If you're doing it for backups and storing in a safe, yes. Go with the
external drive.

If you're wanting to use it daily...don't. Get an internal. The
unplugging and plugging in will annoy you. USB, while it's useful, can
run into random disconnects that can totally drive you nuts.

It's all about the application in this case. If you need portable, go
portable. But if you want consistent and always available, onboard it.