Dock Replacement under Wayland

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG Phoenix List
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Dock Replacement under Wayland
I've used cairo-dock forever, sort of an unforgiving bastard, but the best
dock out there imho for linux still. I've tried a lot, but found cairo
doesn't work under wayland that is my weekend adventure to replace the
infernal xorg compositors worth about shite for anything 4k res or higher.

Wayland seems so far like 1000% better than standard kwin compositing in
the first hour(s), I just really need something like cairo-dock I've used
for like a decade or more.

Any thoughts on a replacement? Not seeing much right now, can't be this
bad in the wayland landscape still, is it?

-mb