Re: Disabling special keys

Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Re: Disabling special keys
I've got Kubuntu 20.04 and  there's no /usr/src/linux.    In /usr/src
there are several directories with linux in the name, one is
linux-headers-5.4.0-48.  In each one there's a drivers/hid directory,
but I didn't find the maker of the keyboard.  I bought it off that
website named after the big river in Brazil.  The brand  name was
Nulea.  However, I did find a way to stop that key from annoying me when
I hit it by accident.  I took the key off and removed that little bit of
plastic that was under the key and replaced it.

About a year ago, I  wanted to be able to access the degree (°) without
launching an app to show  the seldom used characters then finding the
one I wanted and copying it and pasting it.  I found a way to modify the
windows key so if I hold it down while pressing o twice, I get °.   The
problem is that I forgot how or where I found out how to do that.  Any
idea how to do that?  Thanks.