Re: 5G

Author: Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss
To: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
CC: Harold Hartley
Subject: Re: 5G
That's the magic words. "in a few years"
Right now they are more concerned about normal users using 5G. Their probably not thinking about server usage as they are still expanding 5G just to get the users using it and servers will be finally accommodated after a few years.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022, at 17:24, JD Austin via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I rejected TMobile home Internet after having it on for 15m. The wifi
> router has none of the configuration options you'd expect... no port
> forwarding or the other wireless router options you'd expect. The only
> place with a good signal was too far from my office (might work if you
> can hook it to a mesh network... not sure you can). I sent it back the
> same day I received it and had a $12 bill. It didn't seem to have
> consistent speed or latency, but I didn't test it thoroughly. I might
> try it again in a few years.
> JD
>

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2022, 2:00 PM George Toft via PLUG-discuss
> <> wrote:
>> I tested T-Mobile's 5G Home Internet. It suffers from jitter, which is
>> fine for email, web browsing, and streaming services. However, the
>> recent sunspots/CME's wrecked havoc and dumped our VPN (to work) several
>> times. I've determined it is unsuitable for dedicated work at home.
>>
>> Granted, the data flow is going the other direction, stability is
>> important and you may have problems. The technology is still immature.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> George Toft
>>
>> On 4/8/2022 10:03 AM, Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss wrote:
>> >

>> > Verizon is offering 5G that they say will allow me to run a server.
>> > Price point is decent... will add more data to my phone and I will
>> > save $70/month for cellular and Internet. Right now I have Cox
>> > Business that allows me to run one or more servers and provides one IP
>> > with the ability to rent more.
>> >
>> > Anyone using 5G and are you running a server on Verizon 5G?

Harold Hartley
17632 N. 5th place
Phoenix, AZ 85022