Re: How to get the correct battery?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: How to get the correct battery?
Well, the picture shows a T430 vs. a T530, despite whatever ordered, so
either stupid or malicious vendor likely didn't know or care to differ
them, but obviously different.

Probably need to just compare the spec of yours vs it. Quick google of
T530 replacement battery showed this:

Model Name:ThinkPad T530 Battery
Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Battery Voltage: 11.1V
Battery Capacity: 94Wh, 8.4Ah
Battery Size: 304.80 x 101.80 x 23.30mm
Battery Cells Amount: 9-Cells

Do all these match to be bought unit? Then buy, if not, go fish and shop
until they do. Vendors have a funny way of reusing "T530" into generations
that don't match, not a lenovo person to knew, but I know Lenovo reuses
model numbers a lot from looking into them recently. A Generation 1 might
not equal a Generation 2 device like a battery, but still be a T530. Dell
is a bit confusingly the same, an xps 15 in my year is a 9560, the next
year xps 15 is a 9570, and probably have different batteries. Blame vendor
stupidity.

-mb

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 3:01 PM joe--- via PLUG-discuss <