I wish I would have learned about Arch Linux .....

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG
CC: Michael
New-Topics: Cut the age discrimination talk: was: I wish I would have learned about Arch Linux .....
Subject: I wish I would have learned about Arch Linux .....
I wish I would have learned about Arch Linux when I first got into Linux.
My current computer took 30 seconds to load from when it first starts
learned about compiling the applications. It will be difficult now because
I am over 50 and my mind was not used much in my 40's. I say this to all
you young bucks out there as a warning and an encouragement to try arch
(and you old bucks who haven't wasted your mind). If you don't want to
compile stuff with arch download the ISO.... start it.... and at the
command prompt type archinstall. Another good learning tool is Linux From
Scratch. That one you compile EVERYTHING from source. The real learning for
LFS starts after you compile everything and start configuring stuff
(chapter 9).
--