Re: path

+ (text/html)
Author: Ryan Petris via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Ryan Petris
Subject: Re: path
Installing arch onto a USB stick is exactly the same as installing it to a hard disk; there's literally no difference in the installation method as Linux doesn't really care what the underlying disk is.

The _only_ difference I can think of is, if using Grub, you'll want to use the "--removable" option so that you don't need a boot entry in your EFI for it to boot, though I personally use that even for regular installs so I don't have to mess with boot entries.

If, however, by "install arch onto a persistent USB drive", you just want to use that to boot to install arch, you just need to write the arch iso to a usb stick using dd, Gnome Disks, Rufus (if on Windows), or whatever your favorite disk writing utility is.