RE:cost to operate.

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Bushroe via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG-discuss
CC: Mike Bushroe
Subject: RE:cost to operate.
I usually use a mental rule of thumb that for every watt of 24/7/365 power
consumption costs about $1 per year. Obviously this is failing as electric
rates keep going up. So to first order of magnitude a 100 watt server would
cost around $100 a year, but if the server was using the whole 400 watts it
would cost more like $400 a year.
>> If my home web server is using 100 watts an hour that mean 100 watts *
>> 30 days * 24 hours or 72K watts.
>>
>> I'm thinking 72 * .1085 = $7.81 a month.

               KINDNESS

is most VALUABLE when it is GIVEN AWAY for

                   FREE