Starting Point For LFS

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Starting Point For LFS

Hi Mike,

I saw your post to the PLUG list about Linux From Scratch. I am
thinking that could be my next project.

I just completed configuring a Ubuntu 20.04lts/Apache/MySql/PHP/Let's
Encrypt/Postfix/Dovecot home PHP web server. I did so for learning. I
still have a lot to learn, however it works.

I would like to learn more about Linux. Maybe it might be a good
exercise to build Linux from scratch. Then maybe I can start creating a
Linux desktop computer based on LFS....

So tell me is this the starting point for Linux from Scratch:

https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.6/chapter01/how.html

or is there a newer version?

Any guidance from the PLUG group?

Thanks!!