OT How to change icon on android phone?

Author: joe--- via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG
CC: joe
Subject: OT How to change icon on android phone?
I created a shortcut to a website on my Note 9
Android phone but I cannot find a way to change
the default icon to one that I made.

I have tried a dozen of the "icon changer" apps
in the play store, but none of them work.

Google search results give many step-by-step
how-tos, but none of them work, including:

1. Long-press and hold the app shortcut you'd like to edit.
2. Drag the icon up to Edit.
(This does not work)

3. Swipe up the menu to reveal the list of sources for your icon.
Source: Android Central.

4. Tap My photos.
(This also does not work, because when I try to
upload either a jpg or a png of my custom icon,
it just vanishes.)

5. Navigate to and select your custom icon.

6. Return to the home screen to enjoy your new icon. Source: Android
Central. Sep 21, 2020