Re: Free DNS for TLS Automation

Author: Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matt Graham
Subject: Re: Free DNS for TLS Automation
On 2021-05-10 13:25, Seabass via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> So what is a good DNS provider that one can automate getting
> LetsEncrypt certs through DNS ACME without paying?
> I know cloudflare is one... Any others?

The acme.sh Let's Encrypt client supports using CloudFlare, GoDaddy,
PowerDNS, LuaDNS, DNSMadeEasy, Route53, ISPConfig >= 3.1, AlwaysDNS,
FreeDNS, and a few more. I have not actually tried this, but the
directions are in dnsapi/README.md in the project.
https://github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh/ Maybe later.

You basically get an API key and secret, then make those available to
acme.sh via environment variables, and it makes the API calls to update
DNS records. You tell it "--dns dns_NNN" where NNN is one of the
supported DNS providers. The manual parts of the client have all worked
for me, so this should too?

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity