Re: Thanks for your help when I ran out of room

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: Thanks for your help when I ran out of room
Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:36:47 -0400

>Wonderful! I was deleting things and elated home.
>Now I have plenty of room.... until I restored with my backups.\
>
>In any case, what is a good external drive?

Never use Seagate. Friends don't let friends use Seagate. They go bad
too often and too soon. Most of my external drives are Western Digital.

You didn't mention whether this is a laptop or desktop, but if it's a
desktop you might want to use an internal 7200 RPM drive. I typically
use an SSD or NVMe drive for the root partition, and a quality Western
Digital (I used WD Red last time) 7200 RPM drive for /home and other
data-centric partitions. My setup boots fast, runs programs at
lightning speed, and yet I have plenty of room on the WD Red to put my
data files.

SteveT

Steve Litt