Re: Why I hate updates ...

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: Why I hate updates ...

>Yesterday, I did another update on my Linux Mint 17 system
>and today numerous things that previously worked fine
>no longer work, including Libre Office.
>
>And, I now see that all the space on sda1 is filled
>so I have zero space available.
>
>Also, I tried to download a pdf file which should have
>gone to sda6 and I got a message "No space available."
>
>What can I do to remedy this nightmare?
>
>I am willing to pay for help if one of my PLUG
>friends would be willing to help me fix this.
>
>Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used Available Use% Mounted on
>udev             4006644        4   4006640   1% /dev
>tmpfs             805480     1560    803920   1% /run
>/dev/sda1       19091584 18141912         0 100% /

Save your consultant money and buy a new /dev/sda1. 19GB is 2005
territory: Programs are much bigger now. You can buy a 512GB for under
$100.00, usually substantially under $100.00. If your current /dev/sda1
is not SSD, you'll see a dramatic speedup of program loading and
booting.

If you fill up your root partition, of course nothing will work. I'm no
Mint fan, but this isn't Mint's fault.

SteveT

Steve Litt