Re: accessibiliy questionaire

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
CC: der.hans, Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: accessibiliy questionaire
Am 04. Mar, 2021 schwätzte Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin Eric,

Thanks for the feedback on the form! I will file a bug report on the forms
tool. I got feedback elsewhere that the contrast ratio on the colors used
for text and background isn't quite good enough. I need to file a bug
report on that as well.

The presenter covers NVDA in her presentation after mentioning problems
with JAWS. I let her know about the licensing issues you mentioned on the
list years ago.

As I recall, JAWS limited the number of times it could be installed on
a license and you hit the limit due to changing out hardware a couple
times. She was unaware of this part of the JAWS licensing. She looked at
the licensing that day to figure out the current state of things and plans
to update her presentation with the new information.

Thank you for letting us know about some of the challenges you've had
over the years. In this particular case, it's helping someone who speaks
internationally have better content and hopefully helping improve
awareness.

Do you happen to have experience with using either BigBlueButton or jitsi?
If so, are either of them accessible for you?

ciao,

der.hans

> Well, guess what? I attempted to fill in the questionnaire only to have the edit boxes not respond in any of the browsers I use on OS X. That’s an accessibility fail right there. Btw, only 2 browsers on OS X are certified to work with VoiceOver: Chrome and Safari.
>
> Now, I haven’t tried this in windows yet (where I use Firefox ESR, JAWS or NVDA (as the screen readers) or chrome. Safari is no longer supported on that platform.
>
> Now, as for Linux, I will have to create a new boot disk, put in some info and reset up my stuff (last HDD it was on crashed and burned and I am waiting on seagate to send me back the recovered material).
>
> So, I understand you wanted some input, but the form media you chose has some problems. I just thought I should bring this to your attention.
>
> -Eric
> From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Accessibility solutions dept.
>

>> On Mar 4, 2021, at 1:00 AM, der.hans via PLUG-discuss <> wrote:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> We have a great talk on accessibility scheduled for our meeting next
>> Thursday.
>>
>> The presenter pointed out that we should consider accessibility needs of
>> our audience.
>>
>> To that end, I created a Nextcloud form to allow anonymous feedback on
>> what accessibility requests people might have for attending an online
>> video presentation.
>>
>> https://gnu-cloud.yourownnet.cloud/apps/forms/fDcTaG22kNdbaCbk
>>
>> Please fill it out if you would like to make a request.
>>
>> If you prefer, you can also email me directly.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> # https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> # ... All true wisdom is found on T-shirts.

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "Eternal vigilance is not only the price of liberty;
# eternal vigilance is the price of human decency." -- Aldous Huxley, 1965---------------------------------------------------