For sale - Dell T430

Author: George Toft via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: George Toft
Subject: For sale - Dell T430
Dell T430

Went out of warranty March 2019.

PROC

2x Xeon E5-2623 v3.0 Procs (2 proc x 4 core x 8 threads = 64 vCPU)

RAM

128GB DDR4 RAM

Storage

4x 1.2TB 10K SAS drives

4x 3TB 7.2K SATA drives

Onboard RAID controller

Power

2x 750W hot-pluggable power supplies

The Server Monkey price for this box is $2475 (Amazon was over $3,000).
I got it in trade for labor and am looking to turn it into truck parts
(IG: 4x4zeus and you'll see what I mean).  I powered it up to get the
CPU specs, memory size, run diagnostics and look at the event log.  Box
was built in March, 2016, ran until November, 2016, and powered off.  It
was powered up a few times in 2018 and 2020, but the OS never booted.
It has no OS at this time.  What a waste - several thousand dollar
server just sat for years unused.  So it's practically new.  Looking at
the power supply, there is no video card connection, so this is purely a
server - can't use it as a gaming/VR rig.

Asking $1500.

--
Regards,

George Toft