Re: Question about memory for a Dell

+ (text/html)
Author: Thomas Scott via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Thomas Scott
Subject: Re: Question about memory for a Dell
Cue the probable: Apple may be expensive, but I rarely have failures with
it. My wife's 2011 Macbook Pro was just updated with 16GB Ram and a 255 GB
SSD - it has no issues doing anything she needs it to. That being said, it
is no longer "eligible" for "feature" updates via MacOS, although it is
clearly capable of handling the load.

I stick with Apple for my desktop (given the choice) and Linux for my
servers :)

My biggest heartache is seeing that the death of the hackintosh is on the
horizon with switching to the ARM CPU set, but who knows? If they can get
Linux working on it, and I've seen large interest in getting Linux on the
M1 chipset, maybe they'll find a way to put MacOS on off the shelf
components as we've been able to do with x86/64

- Thomas Scott |

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:01 PM Jim via PLUG-discuss <