Re: Split 7zip

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: Sebastian, Main PLUG discussion list
CC: der.hans
Subject: Re: Split 7zip
Am 15. Dec, 2020 schwätzte Sebastian via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

The split utility does a binary hatchet job to files.

Generally, you can cat them together ( or you could when I last used split
some time ago ).

cat foo.7z.001 foo.7z.002 >foo.7z

Then do whatever you do with 7zip files. Is that one zip per layer in the
OSI model? :)

ciao,

der.hans

> Anyone know how to extract split 7zip files?
>
> I have two files.
>
> foo.7z.001 and
> foo.7z.002
>
> I know the split 7zip stuff, and how to combine them on windows, but how
> about on Linux? How do you extract this?

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
#  are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
#    --Albert Einstein