Usable screenshot tools

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG Phoenix List
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Usable screenshot tools
Since my last (arch) system update, I can't seem to find any screenshot
tools that work anymore in kde. Wondering if anyone has any
recommendations what works for them lately

I've used spectacle from kde for like a decade now as one of my favorite
tools, and just as of a few months ago, it's gone to hell for me, and just
crashes if I try to take a screenshot of a selected area. Trying shutter
recently from gnome, it sort of works at times, other times tends to crash
when trying to take a screenshot of a selected area as well. I've tried
some others I've already forgotten the names of a while back, nothing seems
to work anymore.

I somewhat blame stupid wayland shenanigans in change, I'm not even using
wayland, but all the major kde news is about wayland, that seems to just be
bringing the whole thing down around their ankles. Whatever kde is doing
lately is just bringing it back 10 years in stability.

It's so hard to find good software these days.

-mb