Re: gimp- layer via copy

Author: Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael
Subject: Re: gimp- layer via copy
well I was directed to a good tutorial and he had two plugins he
wanted me to install that was one and the other is in the package
gimp-plugin-registry. but I have since learned 'layer via copy' has
been deprecated and that gimp-plugin-registry wants to downgrade from
2.10.22 to 2.10.18 so I wonder if I should just go with 2.10.18 since
that is the version in my distribution.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 4:09 PM Phil Waclawski via PLUG-discuss
<> wrote:

> I am curious as to what you are trying to do? If you want to make a layer from a copy, "Edit" "paste as" "new layer" should work?
> Phil W
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 4:03 PM Michael via PLUG-discuss <> wrote:
>>
>> I think there is a plugin called layer via copy. how do you instaall
>> it into ubuntu
>>
>> --